We lay out a tantalizing feast for our readers.
Coriander-chilli chicken meatballs
Makes 25 Pieces
900 gm chicken, minced
100 gm fresh bread crumbs
4 spring onions, finely sliced
1 tbsp coriander seeds, ground
½ bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped
4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, mix together the chicken and bread crumbs. Season with spring onions, ground coriander, coriander leaves, sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and salt. Mix well. Leave the mixture to sit for 5-10 mins.
2. Using damp hands, mould the mixture into evenly shaped balls.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the chicken meatballs in batches until well browned all over.
4. Serve with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
250 gm mixed lettuce leaves of your choice, washed and dried
100 gm fussili spiral pasta, boiled
For the dressing:
2 tbsp olive oil or salad oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp Dijon mustard or English mustard paste
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1 cucumber, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Cherry tomatoes, onion rings, yellow bell pepper and spring onion
1. For the dressing: Combine the olive oil or salad oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a screw-top jar and shake well with diced cucumber and tomatoes.
2. Place the salad leaves and
add in the boiled pasta in a
3. Pour the dressing over it and toss it 2-3 times so that everything is mixed well.
4. Garnish and serve cold.
Baby Corn Cigars
Makes 15 Pieces
1 tsp pizza seasoning
10-15 pieces of baby corn, blanched
100 gm bread crumbs
2 tsp olive oil
½ tsp vinegar
100 gm potatoes, boiled and mashed
50 gm corn flour
25 gm coriander leaves
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
½ tsp cayenne pepper powder
Salt to taste
100 ml oil for frying
Powdered sugar to taste
1 medium sized onion, finely
1 green chilli, finely chopped
¼ tsp red chilli powder
1 medium sized capsicum, finely chopped
150 gm mayonnaise
1. For the dipping sauce: Add mayonnaise, capsicum, onion, green chilli, powdered sugar and ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste in a bowl.
2. Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil. Mix all these ingredients well. Keep in the refrigerator.
3. For the cigars: Cut the baby corn into halves lengthwise.
4. In a bowl, add pizza seasoning, red chilli powder, ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste, ½ tsp cayenne pepper powder, salt and vinegar. Drizzle
1tsp olive oil and mix well.
5. Add the baby corn and coat the marinade over them.
6. Deep fry the coated baby corn in a hot pan for about a minute. Remove and keep aside.
7. In a bowl, add the mashed potatoes, corn flour, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well. Take a small part of the mix, and place a corn piece in the centre. Roll it so that the corn is completely encased in the mix.
8. Roll them into the bread crumbs and deep fry.
9. Serve with the dip.
Makes 25-30 Pieces
125 gm butter
1 tbsp lemon rind
1 cup castor sugar
2/3 cup semolina
1½ cup self raising flour
½ cup milk
For the lemon syrup:
1 cup castor sugar
2½ cup lemon juice
1 cup water
250 gm whipped cream
A few drops of yellow food colour
Mint leaves as required
1. Preheat oven at 180°C.
2. Beat the butter, lemon rind and sugar until pale white.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
4. Stir in the semolina, sift flour and add milk.
5. Pour the mix into cupcake moulds. Bake for 15–20 mins.
6. For the lemon syrup: add the castor sugar, water and lemon juice together and let it boil. Stir in between until the syrup thickens (pouring consistency).
7. Pour the lemon syrup over the baked cupcakes.
8. To decorate: Mix the whipped cream and food colour and spoon it into a piping bag. Using a star nozzle, swirl it around the cupcake. Top with mint leaves. Serve.
Tidbit: You can also sprinkle toppings of your choice on the whipped cream.
Oreo Cheesecake Shooters
12 Oreo cookies
80 gm cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
1 cup frozen whipped cream, thawed
1/3 cup strawberry jam
Assorted toppings (sprinkles, chocolate chips (white or dark)
1. Keep four cookies aside. Crush the remaining cookies (whole).
2. Mix the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until blended. Stir in whipped cream.
3. Assemble your cheesecake shooters by layering the jam,
crushed cookies and cream cheese mixture into a shot glass or jar. Repeat layers.
4. Top with a cookie or toppings of your choice. Serve.
THE LATEST FASHION NEWS & COMPETITIONS STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX